Thursday, November 13, 2014

Children's day!


Happy Children's day !!!

What makes this day so special that I felt like penning down a post is the fact that we all have a child in each of us, and that child needs to be kept alive and nourished. Childhood is such a beautiful phase of one's life, it is the phase where we dream of conquering the unconquerable and believe in the impossible! 

The curiosity which defines a child is probably the most beautiful attribute which sets a child apart.
As we grow up and get drawn to the nitty-gritty of daily routines, it sometimes gets hard to genuinely enjoy something like we did when we were a child. That carefree attitude is something that's hard to come by once we are branded as 'adults'. Yet, the joy of letting yourself be a child is unparalled. It is a priceless feeling and makes you re-visit and re-live so many wonderful moments from your childhood. 

Recently, i did something very instinctively. I wished to rear fishes!! My husband was quite amused when i shared this thought with him, but followed me happily to the aquarium shop nearby. My daughter and myself were happy with joy which was visible from the big glee on our faces as we observed each of those fishes in detail. We discussed the movie "Finding nemo" and all that happens there, we spoke of bubble guppies and had so much fun, that, we got the shopkeeper wondering if we were there to buy anything or just see around ;)

After casually strolling around for more than an hour, we brought a few fishes home. Stories from the Matsya avatara kept my daughter busy as we got the fishes adjsuted to their new home. Every morning, one of the first things I do after waking up, is to go see them.. talk to them and feed them. Just this simple activity makes me look forward to every morning with so much enthusiasm and curiosity. I love watching them gobble up food and play with each other. Its a beautiful sight. 

Today morning too, as soon as i woke up,i went to do the same thing and i was mighty surprised. There were new babies who greeted me today :) I was so overjoyed that I almost jumped up in joy. Later, shared with all my family and each of them, devoted a good five minutes of their time to go welcome the new babies. I was happy that we all chose to be children for those five minutes. This was probably the best Children's day gift I could ever get!

As i think of children's day on a serious note, I wish we could make the earth a better place to live in for young children. Lets leave behind a beautiful legacy of  world peace, fresh atmosphere, clean surroundings, good water, rich cultural heritage and moral values for our young adults, so they stay happy and healthy. And that is possible, only if each of us become responsible for our acts that might harm the environment in any which way. 

Signing off with a wonderful song by ARR towards this cause...







1 comment:

Being Meenakshi said...

Welcome new babies on Children`s day!! And Good one Vasu!!