Tuesday, December 16, 2014

A Tangy post!

Its winter and there is hardly much activity in my garden, most plants wish to grow very slowly given the chill weather and harsh sunlight during the day. I am letting them take it as easy as possible and moving around most of the pots so that they see the sun on some days of the week in my little balcony.

I must however admit that I am amazed and surprised at the number of tomato saplings that are sprouting out of the compost side dress i give my pots fortnightly. These are such hardy and resilient plants. They sprout with no effort at all, while there are other seeds which i care for like babies just to see those two true leaves! And with very minimal effort these grow up to 4 feet height when given a good soil and rich compost. They are actually too many in number and now that i cant give home to all of them that sprout, I am generously sharing it with other veggie gardening enthusiasts. Yet, looks like nature wants to keep rewarding me and pushes me to share more and grow more. I have a tomato sprout almost every other day :)

And all this compost is made by me in my kambha which makes it all quite special. The seeds of tomatoes that we consume are thrown into my compost bin and they come back as plants in my pots. Makes me wonder at the magnanimity of life and reiterates that life is a full circle in the literal sense. 
And for being so very generous to me, this post to dedicated to my tomato plants in my little balcony.Will let the pictures below speak for themselves.



Sprouts in unattended containers


Yummiest, tangiest toms ever :)






No comments: